This article covers the most common causes that would occur in a real environment. I want to add that I received this error in a virtual pc environment when I accidentally allocated 128MB to the vpc instead of the 1024 I intended. At 128MB the SharePoint server choked and sql didn't start properly and it resulted in this message. After recreating the vmc using 1024MB memory, then I was able to open the site with no problems.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Cannot connect to the configuration database
You receive a "Cannot connect to the configuration database" error message when you connect to your Windows SharePoint Services Web site. For troubleshooting this issue, refer to Microsoft KB Article 823287 .
- ► 2012 (13)
- ► 2011 (27)
- ► 2010 (60)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (45)
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Cannot c...
- MOSS 2007: The backup/restore failed because ther...
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer (Contributor ...
- File Naming Convention
- Software Solution Project Planning
- SharePoint V2: Daylight Savings Time
- SharePoint V3: Workaround for creating a unique i...
- ▼ January (7)
Events / Conferences / User Groups
- AIIM Conference
- Boston Area SharePoint User Group
- Boston Azure User Group
- Enterprise Search Summit
- Microsoft Build
- Microsoft SharePoint Conference
- Microsoft TechEd
- New England ASP.NET Professionals User Group
- New England Oracle Applications User Group
- Oracle Applications User Group (OAUG)
- Oracle OpenWorld
- PeopleSoft Government Contractor Special Interest Group
- PeopleSoft Southern New England Users Group
- Quest International Users Group
- SharePoint Saturday
- SQL PASS
- SQL Saturday
- Startup Weekend