Friday, February 02, 2007
Behaviors of Site Columns of the type Choice
I created a site column in Central Admin. Then I added the site column to a custom list. I was able to modify the choice options of the site column instance. This can be a good thing but not sure if it defeats the purpose of a site column. I found that if I want to reset the local instance back to the values of the main site column definition, then I can go back to Central Admin and update the site column, and the updates will override the modified instance that I had created in my list.
- ► 2012 (13)
- ► 2011 (27)
- ► 2010 (60)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (45)
- Quick Overview: Installing Microsoft Office Share...
- How to Create a Filtered Roll-Up of Announcements ...
- SharePoint V3 STP's Containing SharePoint Designer...
- Resetting SharePoint Designer's Layout
- Backup Script For Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Behaviors of Site Columns of the type Choice
- Copying a SharePoint Designer workflow
- Error occurred on custom list, referring to a Shar...
- ▼ February (8)
Events / Conferences / User Groups
- AIIM Conference
- Boston Area SharePoint User Group
- Boston Azure User Group
- Enterprise Search Summit
- Microsoft Build
- Microsoft SharePoint Conference
- Microsoft TechEd
- New England ASP.NET Professionals User Group
- New England Oracle Applications User Group
- Oracle Applications User Group (OAUG)
- Oracle OpenWorld
- PeopleSoft Government Contractor Special Interest Group
- PeopleSoft Southern New England Users Group
- Quest International Users Group
- SharePoint Saturday
- SQL PASS
- SQL Saturday
- Startup Weekend