When attempting to add a Content Database to a SharePoint Web Application, an error occurs:
"Sorry, something went wrong..."
The error message is self explanatory. It states that "There is not enough disk space on disk".
Make free space and then recreate Content Database. It is time to investigate the reasons why free disk space was drawn down to zero. This situation should not be allowed to occur on the SQL Server data file partition. Therefore, an activity plan following the error message should be aim towards preventing this situation from occurring in the future.
Some initial questions to ask might include:
- Was the initial storage allocation sufficient?
- Is the server storage partitioned properly?
- What is consuming space?
- Are backups configured for the SQL data file partition?
- Are database backup cleanup jobs scheduled?
- Is there any logging on the partition?
- What is the logging retention?