SharePoint RSS Viewer Web Part does not display RSS feed from SharePoint list or library.
After configuring a SharePoint RSS Viewer Web Part to display an RSS feed from a SharePoint RSS list, you receive the error, "The RSS webpart does not support authenticated feeds."
Configure anonymous access on the list which is serving the RSS feed.
Enable anonymous access for the Web Application containing the list which is serving the RSS feed.
- Central Administration > Application Management > Application Security > Authentication Providers > Edit Authentication
- Edit Authentication > Anonymous Access: Check "Enable anonymous access"
- Edit Authentication > Click "Save"
Enable anonymous access for the site collection containing the list which is serving the RSS feed.
- Site Collection > Site Actions > Site Settings Site Collection Settings > Advanced Permissions
- Advanced Permissions > Settings > Anonymous Access
- Change Anonymous Access Settings > Anonymous Access: Select "Lists and Libraries"
Enable anonymous access for the list which is serving the RSS feed.
- List > Settings > Permissions for this List > Settings > Anonymous Access
- Assign the "Read" or "View Only" permission level to the Anonymous User
Holmes, T. (2008). Enabling Anonymous Access in SharePoint 2007. Retrieved November 19, 2009 from http://blog.tylerholmes.com/2008/01/enabling-anonymous-access-in-sharepoint.html.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
SharePoint 3.0: Allowing SharePoint RSS Viewer Web Part to Read SharePoint RSS Feeds
- ► 2012 (13)
- ► 2011 (27)
- ► 2010 (60)
- ▼ November (2)
- ► 2008 (45)
- ► 2007 (80)
Events / Conferences / User Groups
- AIIM Conference
- Boston Area SharePoint User Group
- Boston Azure User Group
- Enterprise Search Summit
- Microsoft Build
- Microsoft SharePoint Conference
- Microsoft TechEd
- New England ASP.NET Professionals User Group
- New England Oracle Applications User Group
- Oracle Applications User Group (OAUG)
- Oracle OpenWorld
- PeopleSoft Government Contractor Special Interest Group
- PeopleSoft Southern New England Users Group
- Quest International Users Group
- SharePoint Saturday
- SQL PASS
- SQL Saturday
- Startup Weekend