Friday, June 06, 2014
SharePoint 2013: A State Service Application Has No Database Defined
After configuring the State Service Application, Central Administration, Monitoring, Health Analyzer, Review Problems and Solutions shows an error; "A State Service Application has no database defined" even though a database does exist.
I've seen this problem occur when the the State Service Application was configured while logged into the server with an account different from the Farm Account.
1. Log into the SharePoint Server using the Farm Account.
2. In Central Administration, Application Management, Service Applications, Manage Service Applications, delete the State Service Application Proxy.
3. Delete the State Service Application.
4. Use PowerShell to find the Identity of the State Service Database you would like to remove; Get-SPStateServiceDatabase (Microsoft TechNet, 2012).
5. Using PowerShell, remove the State Service Application Database; Remove-SPStateServiceDatabase -Identity 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, replace the zeros with the ID of the State Service Database retrieved from the prior cmdlet.
6. Using PowerShell, create a new State Service Application.
Bisciotti, N. (November, 2012). SharePoint 2013: How to Configure State Service Application using PowerShell. Retrieved June, 6, 2014 from http://njbblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/sharepoint-2013-how-to-configure-state.html
Microsoft TechNet (July, 2012). Get-SPStateServiceDatabase. Retrieved June 6, 2014, from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff608133(v=office.15).aspx
- ▼ 2014 (24)
- ► 2012 (13)
- ► 2011 (27)
- ► 2010 (60)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (45)
- ► 2007 (80)
Events / Conferences / User Groups
- AIIM Conference
- Boston Area SharePoint User Group
- Boston Azure User Group
- Enterprise Search Summit
- Microsoft Build
- Microsoft SharePoint Conference
- Microsoft TechEd
- New England ASP.NET Professionals User Group
- New England Oracle Applications User Group
- Oracle Applications User Group (OAUG)
- Oracle OpenWorld
- PeopleSoft Government Contractor Special Interest Group
- PeopleSoft Southern New England Users Group
- Quest International Users Group
- SharePoint Saturday
- SQL PASS
- SQL Saturday
- Startup Weekend